All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bastard Factory

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Danielle

Bastard Factory - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 9:25 pm

I am not saying everything is black and white but giving alcohol to an infant is just plain dumb, no matter how small the amount.

As for me being an anti-semite, you are an idiot. I said I would call ANYONE a jackass, REGARDLESS of their faith, if they gave alcohol to an infant (again, regardless of quantity). I have good friends that are Jewish so get over yourself.

I would never give a child something "just to shut them up" As Flyleaf clearly stated, mesh bags are quite safe if used under supervision. The cold feels good on the gums and the fruits are healthy in the right amounts.

ETA When did I say I would give solid foods to a 3 month old either?
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 7:30 pm

Flyleaf wrote:
Teething feeders are extremely safe and were invented so solid foods could be given safely.

LOL

Flyleaf wrote:
Alcohol is poisonous. It is a toxin.

Red wine has health benefits to it. Again, educate yourself.

Flyleaf wrote:
Have you even seen a teething feeder?

Yup. Would NEVER use it.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 7:32 pm

anti semit wrote:
I have good friends that are Jewish so get over yourself.

LOL
I hear that a lot from racists too.

anti semit wrote:
I would never give a child something "just to shut them up"

Only mesh bags.

anti semit wrote:
When did I say I would give solid foods to a 3 month old either?

You stated you support giving infants foods. Three month old babies get teeth.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2008 10:51 pm

xwoman74 wrote:
futureshock wrote:
xwoman74 wrote:
futureshock wrote:
What's AP parenting?

Attachment Parenting.

What's that?

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t130100.asp

Thanks. Who wouldn't want to parent this way?
Back to top Go down
Flyleaf

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 12:47 am

I never claimed that red wine didn't have health benefits to it. What I said was that alcohol is poisonous and a toxin. Have you never heard of "alcohol poisoning"? Or "intoxication"? Key word being "toxic", love.

And by the by, since we're on the subject of red wine: it's considered a "good" thing because it has antioxidants. The alcohol isn't what's good for you - it's the antioxidants. Many foods contain antioxidants that do not contain alcohol. A list can be found at http://www.healthcastle.com/antioxidant.shtml.

Kindly explain to me how a mesh feeder bag creates a choking hazard. Whoops, sorry... "chocking" hazard. And while you're at it, please explain why Danielle thinking alcohol shouldn't be given to infants makes her a racist.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 9:00 am

futureshock wrote:
Thanks. Who wouldn't want to parent this way?

I like most of his thoughts... only wish I lived in CA so I could get him as my ped!
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 9:02 am

Flyleaf wrote:
I never claimed that red wine didn't have health benefits to it. What I said was that alcohol is poisonous and a toxin. Have you never heard of "alcohol poisoning"? Or "intoxication"? Key word being "toxic", love.

You claimed ALL alcohol is poison and toxic. How can something that is toxic have health benefits?

Water can be toxic as well. Guess you should stop drinking that too.

Flyleaf wrote:
The alcohol isn't what's good for you - it's the antioxidants.

Which is in the wine.

Flyleaf wrote:
Kindly explain to me how a mesh feeder bag creates a choking hazard. Whoops, sorry... "chocking" hazard. And while you're at it, please explain why Danielle thinking alcohol shouldn't be given to infants makes her a racist.

Called her an anti semit. Please keep up. And do your own research. Once you resort to spelling nazi, you proven you lost your debate.
Back to top Go down
Flyleaf

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 11:46 am

Again, red wine contains both alcohol and antioxidants. The antioxidants are good for you. The alcohol is not. Red wine is an alcoholic beverage. It is not pure alcohol - it has alcohol in it. Or more specifically, ethanol. Since you don't seem to understand, I'll provide a link that explains what ethanol is.

http://scifun.chem.wisc.edu/chemweek/pdf/ethanol.pdf

The first three words on page 2 is "ethanol is toxic". Wink

I provided a list of foods that also contain antioxidants and do not contain alcohol. I'm not sure you bothered to even click on it.

Too much water can be fatal. That's been proven. And since you brought it up, it's not advised to give infants water aside from what they get in their formula or breastmilk. Not only does it fill their tiny stomachs and make them less hungry, but they could get hyperhydration. For children and adults, water is healthy - in normal quantities. Too much of anything is bad for you.

You did use the word "racist". You may not have directly accused Danielle of being one, but you used it towards her. And you accused her of being anti-semitic because she doesn't believe babies should be given alcohol. How does that make her anti-semitic? Do you know what anti-semitic is?

an·ti-Sem·ite (nt-smt, nt-)
n.
One who discriminates against or who is hostile toward or prejudiced against Jews.

She's already made it clear that she'd look down upon any person that does this, regardless of their faith. Obviously she doesn't have a prejudice against the Jewish faith. Her view has nothing to do with their faith - she doesn't believe a dangerous toxic substance should be given to babies, and I fully agree with her. You throwing disgusting accusations at her for that is pathetic.

And really, calling me a spelling nazi isn't hurting my feelings one bit. I'm not ashamed that I actually paid attention in school. If you're going to get into a debate with someone, one of the first things you should probably do is have a knowledge of what you're debating and have the ability to bring your points across clearly and accurately. One way of doing that is by not making yourself look uneducated by misspelling words.

Edit:

And I'm still waiting on your explanation of how mesh feeder bags are a choking hazard.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Flyshit wrote:
Again, red wine contains both alcohol and antioxidants.

Make up your mind, lovie... Either it is poison or not.

Flyshit wrote:
I provided a list of foods that also contain antioxidants and do not contain alcohol. I'm not sure you bothered to even click on it.

Nope. Not interested in your "research."

Flyshit wrote:
Too much water can be fatal. That's been proven. And since you brought it up, it's not advised to give infants water aside from what they get in their formula or breastmilk.

Duh.

Flyshit wrote:
You did use the word "racist". You may not have directly accused Danielle of being one, but you used it towards her. And you accused her of being anti-semitic because she doesn't believe babies should be given alcohol. How does that make her anti-semitic? Do you know what anti-semitic is?

Why not do some "research" about why I called her what I did.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 12:19 pm

Flyleaf wrote:
And really, calling me a spelling nazi isn't hurting my feelings one bit. I'm not ashamed that I actually paid attention in school. If you're going to get into a debate with someone, one of the first things you should probably do is have a knowledge of what you're debating and have the ability to bring your points across clearly and accurately. One way of doing that is by not making yourself look uneducated by misspelling words.

The "Ad-Hominem" Fallacy: this is also known as
"attacking the messenger, not the message". One of the
most common forms of the ad-hominem fallacy in online debates is to
poke fun at someone's spelling errors and then conclude that
the person's points are wrong.
Back to top Go down
Flyleaf

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 1:03 pm

You seem to be having some trouble following, so I'll spell it out for you in small words.

Ethanol is toxic.

Ethanol is a form of alcohol.

Red wine contains ethanol.

Red wine is an alcoholic beverage. It is not pure alcohol. To say "red wine is poison" is inaccurate, just as saying "red wine is alcohol" is. It contains ethanol which is poisonous in large quantities. Large amounts of red wine are dangerous.

And in case you haven't been paying attention, I'm having no problems attacking your views. In fact, I've provided online links to back up my opinions and go into further detail with them. I've also asked you to clarify your own opinions, which you've repeatedly failed to do. I'd love to hear your explanation of how red wine containing antioxidants makes the ethanol it also contains less toxic.

And how about you just woman up and explain why you called her what you did? It's a leap (to put it politely) to take someone's views on not giving children alcohol and accuse them of being prejudiced against an entire community of people because of their religion. You can heavily disagree with someone's practice without being a bigot, you know. Or do you? scratch

How are mesh feeder bags choking hazards? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 2:16 pm

Flyleaf wrote:
I'd love to hear your explanation of how red wine containing antioxidants makes the ethanol it also contains less toxic.

Since I never stated it did, I have nothing to prove. I stated it was a parenting choice to make. Nothing more, nothing less.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 4:58 pm

I am done debating. I know I am not an anti-semite and the fact that you would even go there proves you are grasping at straws.

The end.
Back to top Go down
Flyleaf

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2008 5:48 pm

xwoman74 wrote:
How can something that is toxic have health benefits?

You pretty much admitted right there that you think things that have health benefits aren't toxic.

How are mesh feeder bags choking hazards?
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:30 pm

Flyleaf wrote:
You pretty much admitted right there that you think things that have health benefits aren't toxic.

No, you stated alcohol is poison, period. Until I pointed out the health benefits. Then your tune changed.

Flyleaf wrote:
How are mesh feeder bags choking hazards?

Already stated I wasn't doing your research for you.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 2:31 pm

Danielle wrote:
I am done debating.

You didn't debate in the first place, anti semit.
Back to top Go down
Flyleaf

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 4:05 pm

You didn't point out the health benefits of alcohol. You pointed out the health benefits of antioxidants. Nice try, though. I stand by my claim that alcohol is poison, because it is. I've already provided information to back it up.

You're the one making the claim that mesh feeder bags are choking hazards, not me. It's not my responsibility to research YOUR claim. That's all on you, sweetheart.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 10:42 pm

Most medicine is actually poison, too, so calling alcohol poison doesn't really mean much.

On another note, I am Jewish (in a secular way), and none of my relatives have ever given babies alcohol. During religious ceremonies older children got sips of wine, but never babies.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2008 11:15 pm

First, please point out exactly what I said that makes me an anti-semite.

Second, use support if you intend to debate. Do you have links or proof? If not, shut up and walk away. We know that antioxidants are good for you. ALCOHOL is not.

As for the mesh feeders. I googled several different ways and everything that popped up showed that the are promoted for their safety. Not one site I viewed showed anyone have safety issues with them.

Now if you DO have proof of them causing harm, by all means, post it! Otherwise, take a flying leap.

Future, I know that medicines are poison. I try and avoid them when at all possible but sometimes they are a necessary evil.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 9:20 am

futureshock wrote:
During religious ceremonies older children got sips of wine, but never babies.

Incorrect. During the Bris, wine in given to babies.

While the circumcision is performed, the child is held by a person called a sandek. In English, this is often referred to as a godfather. It is an honor to be a sandek for a bris. The sandek is usually a grandparent or the family rabbi. Traditionally, a chair (often an ornate one) is set aside for Elijah, who is said to preside over all circumcisions. Various blessings are recited, including one over wine, and a drop of wine is placed in the child's mouth. The child is then given a formal Hebrew name.

http://www.jewfaq.org/birth.htm
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 9:23 am

Danielle wrote:
Not one site I viewed showed anyone have safety issues with them.

Anything you put in a child's mouth can be a choking hazard. Period. Your child, your choice to make for them. If your child can chew the food without a "feeder", they probably shouldn't be eating the food in the first place.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 5:20 pm

Well a baby should get a hell of a lot more than one drop of wine to under go something as barbaric as a circumcision. And I meant Jewish people do not give wine to babies ON A REGULAR BASIS.

Maybe YOUR FAMILY DOES. Mine doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 21, 2008 7:04 pm

I agree, which is why you should never leave a baby unattended. The feeder forces them to chew longer to prevent them from swallowing large hunks of food even when they are able to chew. It also helps them prepare for chewing on their own later on.

Are you going to respond to the rest of my post or simply pick and choose what you want to respond to?
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 8:22 am

futureshock wrote:
And I meant Jewish people do not give wine to babies ON A REGULAR BASIS.

Here is what you said: "During religious ceremonies older children got sips of wine, but never babies."

Make up your mind.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 22, 2008 8:23 am

Danielle wrote:
The feeder forces them to chew longer to prevent them from swallowing large hunks of food even when they are able to chew.

Nothing like forcing a baby to eat food they aren't ready to handle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bastard Factory
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next