All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bastard Factory

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 8:00 am

Whenever I hear talk radio people discussing politics they discuss the "bastard factory". They are talking about unwed pregnancy.

By "bastard factory" they are referring to all of the young girls having children and then using public funds like welfare, etc. After reading the teen pregnancy and pregnancy community chat forums on ehealth, I have to agree with these talk show people.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyMon Nov 10, 2008 6:23 pm

I do to some extent. There are a few girls on there who are great mothers and try to do there best on their own.

One girl, Princess (something or other) is 16, pregnant with her second child and still does not know who the father of the first is. She also thinks it is a good idea to give rum to a teething baby. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 7:45 am

Danielle wrote:
She also thinks it is a good idea to give rum to a teething baby. Evil or Very Mad

While I wouldn't do it myself, rubbing a bit of it on the gums has been done for centuries.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyThu Nov 13, 2008 8:20 pm

If you think about it what is working? The consumption or the alcohol on the gums? You don't put alcohol on a bruise right? Why to a teething baby? It is pointless in a modern age when we had medications or teething rings.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Danielle wrote:
If you think about it what is working? The consumption or the alcohol on the gums? You don't put alcohol on a bruise right? Why to a teething baby? It is pointless in a modern age when we had medications or teething rings.

The alcohol on the gums acts as a pain reliever.
Like I said, I wouldn't do it myself but some people still use old mother remedies. We have disposable diapers. Parents still do cloth anyways. I make my children homemade baby food, but it can be bought premade. Not everything that is "modern" is necessarily better.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:42 am

Again, would you put rum on a bruise or cut? Comaring cloth diapers and homemade baby foods to putting alcohol into the mouths of babies is idiotic.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 1:45 am

Oh xwoman, you should have been there on ehealth for that huge debate about rum.

Anyway, that princess girl is back??? And having another child?????
SICK!!!! Can you leave a link or the title of the thread, and the name of the forum it's on? Thanks!

I thought she knew exactly who the father of the first baby was?
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 11:25 am

Danielle wrote:
Again, would you put rum on a bruise or cut? Comaring cloth diapers and homemade baby foods to putting alcohol into the mouths of babies is idiotic.

Yes, I would put alcohol on a cut or bruise if that was the only thing available. Alcohol will sterilize the cut and prevent infection. Alcohol is in quite a few OTC cold medications as it is now. Rubbing your finger over a baby's gums with a small amount of alcohol on it will help relieve the pain. Some parents are more comfortable with that than OTC products. Not your child, not your choice.

And comparing AP parenting styles to non AP parenting styles isn't idiotic, just not something anti AP parents know how to do.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 11:27 am

Danielle wrote:
The consumption or the alcohol on the gums?

I hope you don't really think rubbing your finger over the gums is going to get a baby drunk. Talk about idiotic. lol!
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 5:04 pm

What's AP parenting?
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 5:11 pm

Just for the record, at the time of the great ehealth alcohol-on-the-gums debate, I did some reading on the subject. I never found any information that said it was ok to put alcohol on a baby's gums. Everything said almost this exact same thing:

Quote :
Teething tricks you shouldn't try

Rubbing a little brandy on swollen gums. Even tiny amounts of alcohol can be poisonous to a baby.
http://www.parenting.com/article/Baby/Health/Teething

I even tried alcohol on my gums and it stung very badly, and it did not have any numbing effect.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySat Nov 15, 2008 10:51 pm

Thank you future.

Yes, even a DROP of alcohol could harm an infant. It is idiots that have your mentality that get children hurt!
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 2:33 pm

futureshock wrote:
I never found any information that said it was ok to put alcohol on a baby's gums.

And you more than likely never will. Do you think Parenting.com wants to be sued by someone for giving too much?
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 2:38 pm

Danielle wrote:
Thank you future.

Yes, even a DROP of alcohol could harm an infant. It is idiots that have your mentality that get children hurt!

http://www.hylands.com/news/teethinginfo.php

So can the OTC stuff. Not your child, not your choice. Let the parent decide what risks they are willing to take.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 6:17 pm

xwoman74 wrote:
Danielle wrote:
Thank you future.

http://www.hylands.com/news/teethinginfo.php

So can the OTC stuff. Not your child, not your choice. Let the parent decide what risks they are willing to take.

I don't think Danielle is trying to pass a law making it illegal to put alcohol on the gums of babies.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 7:20 pm

futureshock wrote:
I don't think Danielle is trying to pass a law making it illegal to put alcohol on the gums of babies.

I don't remember where I said I think she was trying to do that. But saying "my" mentality gets children "hurt" because I don't agree with her view point is ignorant. OTC can hurt children too. Is she against OTC's as well?
Back to top Go down
Danielle

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 7:54 pm

I am against giving medications of any kind unless necessary. I would rather give frozen fruits in the teether mesh bags. Healthy and it feels good for them. Ignorance is taking an unnecessary risk with an infant because you are to idiotic to realize the dangers of alcohol.

Me stating that your mentality gets children hurt is fact. Anyone willing to give alcohol to an infant, in any form, is a jackass.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 8:29 pm

futureshock wrote:
What's AP parenting?

Attachment Parenting.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptySun Nov 16, 2008 8:32 pm

Danielle wrote:
I am against giving medications of any kind unless necessary. I would rather give frozen fruits in the teether mesh bags.

Chocking hazard with those things.

Danielle wrote:
Ignorance is taking an unnecessary risk with an infant because you are to idiotic to realize the dangers of alcohol.

Alcohol isn't bad by itself. It's usage can be considered bad or good.

Danielle wrote:
Me stating that your mentality gets children hurt is fact. Anyone willing to give alcohol to an infant, in any form, is a jackass.

So you are calling all Jewish families jackasses then?

Not surprising from a jackass that supports chocking hazards as teething relievers.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 am

Would you give your child unattended with food or small items? I would not. They also are not POISONOUS. You would rather give a remedy that is harmful in small doses than a treat that is healthy for a growing child?

And I would call ANYONE a jackass if they gave alcohol to their infant, regardless of religious affiliation or purpose so attaching an antisemitic undertone will get you no where.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:44 am

Danielle wrote:
Would you give your child unattended with food or small items?

I wouldn't give my child food is a net, period.

Danielle wrote:
You would rather give a remedy that is harmful in small doses than a treat that is healthy for a growing child?

I already stated I wouldn't do the alcohol method, moron.

Nor do I give babies solid foods to shut them up. A 3 month old teething child shouldn't be given solid foods. Increases the risk of JD, obesity, food allergies, etc.

Danielle wrote:
And I would call ANYONE a jackass if they gave alcohol to their infant, regardless of religious affiliation or purpose so attaching an antisemitic undertone will get you no where.

Go to know you are an anti semit as well.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 4:46 pm

xwoman74 wrote:
futureshock wrote:
What's AP parenting?

Attachment Parenting.

What's that?
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 4:51 pm

Danielle,

Real life is not as black and white as your posts are making it sound. I really don't think putting a tiny dab of alcohol on a child's gums will poison them. I'm just against it because I think it hurts more physically than it helps. Some people are too dumb to know what reasonable amounts are and are more likely to endanger their infants than other, more intelligent people. I think many warnings are written just for these dumb people.
Back to top Go down
xwoman74

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 5:10 pm

futureshock wrote:
xwoman74 wrote:
futureshock wrote:
What's AP parenting?

Attachment Parenting.

What's that?

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/10/t130100.asp
Back to top Go down
Flyleaf

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory EmptyMon Nov 17, 2008 7:00 pm

xwoman74 wrote:
Danielle wrote:
I am against giving medications of any kind unless necessary. I would rather give frozen fruits in the teether mesh bags.

Chocking hazard with those things.

I'm assuming you mean "choking hazard". Teething feeders are extremely safe and were invented so solid foods could be given safely. The feeders reduce choking hazards, not increase them. In fact, I believe they were invented by a gentleman whose son choked on a teething biscuit.

Quote :
Danielle wrote:
Ignorance is taking an unnecessary risk with an infant because you are to idiotic to realize the dangers of alcohol.

Alcohol isn't bad by itself. It's usage can be considered bad or good.

Alcohol is poisonous. It is a toxin. Giving a dangerous substance that is known to harm and/or kill people to an infant, toddler or small child is mind boggling.

Quote :
Danielle wrote:

So you are calling all Jewish families jackasses then?

Not surprising from a jackass that supports chocking hazards as teething relievers.

You should really try to educate yourself. Type "teething feeder" into Google and look at the MANY different articles that explain how teething feeders are a great way to naturally relieve teething pain as well as cutting down on choking hazards. (Oh, I'm sorry... "chocking".)

Have you even seen a teething feeder? You put the food inside the mesh bag. The baby gums the bag. The food is smashed up and when it is small enough to fit, it comes through the holes in the mesh. The pieces that go into the baby's mouth are extremely small - much smaller than if the child was simply gumming the food and taking bites into his/her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bastard Factory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bastard Factory   Bastard Factory Empty

Back to top Go down

Bastard Factory
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next