All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
krystineM

krystineM

Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? Empty
PostSubject: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 11:42 pm

Many times there are the odd group of girls who post things like:
im 13 and i want a baby now! or
Im 14 and really feel like i want a baby!
And why do they feel their ready to be a parent? Because they baby-sit their siblings or neighbours kids and have a bond with looking after an infant, which sparks the idea that their ready to be a parent.
A child raising [or even thinking of] raising a child.
Just because they baby-sit, they think their ready to be parents! But what they lack to realize is that their not the ones waking up at all hours of the night feeding, changing and putting the baby back to sleep when they wake up, or deal with temper tantrums if a child has them, they dont pay for clothes, food, the roof over their head and much much more things the child needs. Yet they think their ready...How could a 13 or 14 yr old raise a child successfully?
They dont have a job, so they would not be able to meet all the baby's needs, they dont have a proper education, dont have a place of their own, dont have the maturity to even care for a child properly, the list could go on. But still pregnancy at the age of maybe 13 or 14 happens, and i feel it is an extremely selfish thing to do.
Since they still are, after all young teenagers, there's still that need and want to go partying, hang out with friends, and now the child is pawned off to the teen mothers mother, while the teen parties the night away.

-There was a case where a teen got pregnant at a young age, and had a new born baby only a few weeks or a month old; she wanted to go out so she left the baby at home, and went on a 3 day party streek with her friends. And the baby died!-

How is that fair to a child. That is so unjustably wrong in so many levels i cannot even explain.
A young teen does not have the maturity level in order to raise a baby, it does not do that baby any good either...
I feel its just a fascination of wanting a child, not an understanding of what it takes to raise a child.
What's your take?
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 12:26 am

I think many more teens than society knows about are fascinated with having a baby. I know I was completely shocked last fall when I was first exposed to this phenomenon.

Before I even had the faintest idea about this, when my DD (she's 10) would ask me about having a baby and if it hurt, etc., etc., I would downplay it and say things like "Oh not really, there's pain medicine, etc., " because I didn't want to traumatize her. NOW, however, when she asks, I say "OH MY GOD IT IS HORRIBLE, I was in AGONY!!!"
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 9:18 am

lol sometimes a little scare doesnt hurt..if it makes them think twice.
One of my friends, shes my age and i told her im having a baby, and she is baby CRAZY! im not even lying, this girl wants a baby so bad, shes planning for one for about the time shes like 20.
She's taken the morning after pill 3 times i think or it could have been 2, cuz she could have been pregnant. Not on birth control yet, but every time we hang out all she says is im so jealous of you! Your having a baby!
And im like, hun, if i could have done this a few years down the road, i would have. But my bf/fiance and i want this baby, and we're supportive of each other. Then i tell her how much of a courage booster it had to be to tell my parents, and how my mom is crazy now and such.
I hope she'll listen to me when i say just wait a few years or MORE! and really think it through, but i really can see a baby poping into the picture with her soon.
She is one who is fascinated with it. And doesnt realize theres more to cuddling and loving the child, that they are expensive and a lot of time and effort.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 6:32 pm

How does your friend think she is going to support herself and her child? It really makes me sick when idiots have children on purpose and have no choice but to go on welfare.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 3:39 pm

Some people say that a child is the only thing that would make their life worth living. It's just sadder than sad.

No
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 6:49 pm

one of my aquantances had a child a year and a half or so ago, and she lives with her dead beat boyfriend, who instead of going out and getting a job, sits on his ass and smokes pot all day long, and they are on welfare, and now shes pregnant again, and apparently the more children you have, the bigger the increase in your welfare is made.
Their having children just so they dont have to work! i cannot believe someone would do a thing like that!
That is shere selfishness and irresponsible. I would never raise my child on welfare.
The ones who are young like 13 or so think no one loves them because their from a divorced family or whatever the case may be, they have no structure or activities to keep their mind active and boom! a pregnancy or a pregnancy thought pops into their brain because its something to take care of, but they dont hear of the mothers who suffer incredibly bad post partum depression and end up going crazy and killing their kids due to the stress and depression.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 7:57 pm

I'm surprised they qualify for welfare.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyThu Mar 13, 2008 8:01 pm

same here. although i think they got on it easier because when she was pregnant the first time, that was when they applied..maybe as pity they gave it to her...
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:46 pm

krystineM wrote:
same here. although i think they got on it easier because when she was pregnant the first time, that was when they applied..maybe as pity they gave it to her...

I was under the (probably mistaken) impression that it was almost impossible to qualify for welfare if the spouse (the one not pregnant) is perfectly capable of getting a job.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 2:28 pm

the boyfriend/father may not be quilified, but the mother/girlfriend is, and would be put on welfare because she is having a child easier than someone who lets say injured his or herself at work and needs some help just while their recovering. And a teen mom, no problem there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?   Are teens only fascinated in having a baby? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are teens only fascinated in having a baby?
Page 1 of 1