All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? Empty
PostSubject: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 4:26 pm

Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? And is that why they chose to continue their pregnancies rather than abort them?

Interesting question on "Yahoo Answers":

Why do most pregnant teens think abortion is wrong but unprotected, teenage, pre-marital sex is OK?
I have yet to see a pregnant teen (13,14,15) who "believes" in abortion or (obviously) birth control.

typical answer: And maybe they don't believe in abortion because they realise (sic) that they must take responbility (sic) for their actions.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080617034313AA4eu3P
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyMon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 pm

i would think its because in schools, they could and probably are taught its a sin or wrong to get an abortion.
in catholic schools, birth control such as condoms and the pill, are not something thats taught to teens, because in the catholic teachings if your going to have sex, its only to reproduce not for pleasure.
they dont get into details about why some have abortions or use protection, they teach how a baby is created the stages of development the fetus goes through and the joys of parenthood.
i dont know whats taught in public schools, but i would imagine that some parents would not want safe sex taught in schools because they might think it encourages kids to go out and have sex. [Not the case for all parents and children]
It might be against their religion to abort, they might choose to stay pregnant so they can put the child up for adoption to a loving couple who have problems having a child, or might have planned for this child, which is crazy.

Teens are going to have sex, but i think that because most are not educated about safe sex make a quick decision to keep the baby.
Plus these days its become almost like a new fad to get pregnant together and talk about all the fun things you'll do with your baby.

Plus some teens dont think or ask what their options are if they do get pregnant. They might think they have to keep the child now because of what they did.
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 12:32 am

In America we are not taught any opinion on abortion (at least not in any school I have attended) Those morals come from you upbringing.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 11:08 am

it could also be that parents do not think or feel the need to talk about protection because they may think their child will never have sex at a young age, or do not believe in using protection and thats how they raise their children to think as well.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 9:26 pm

Danielle is right, you'd never hear what is a sin or not in a public school, Thank God! pun! Smile

Krystine, thanks for all of the input.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 2:32 pm

I grew up in "everyone knows everyone" small town Midwest, and abortion was discussed in public schools and considered wrong, wrong, wrong.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptySat Jul 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Erulissė wrote:
I grew up in "everyone knows everyone" small town Midwest, and abortion was discussed in public schools and considered wrong, wrong, wrong.

Wow, thanks for posting that. It explains a lot. So did the teachers actually say, flat out, abortion is wrong?
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptySun Jul 27, 2008 1:48 am

That is pretty unheard of in larger areas. In smaller areas I can see it because their are less people to respond to things and general thoughts are relatively the same. I live in a Orange County so it is a little harder to get away with.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyMon Jul 28, 2008 3:21 pm

futureshock wrote:
Erulissė wrote:

Wow, thanks for posting that. It explains a lot. So did the teachers actually say, flat out, abortion is wrong?

Yes. It was quite the 'you don't ask or speak up about it' topic-know what I mean?

Pregnant teens were (this was the late 1990's) and still are ostracized openly. There is a home for pregnant teen mothers that was just built last year, there, as well.

Here's another interesting tidbit-I took a class in college (large urban area) on adoption, and the professor who taught it referred to abortion like this: "we know there is another option, but that will not be discussed in this class". She made it quite known that she was Catholic and there "really is no other choice". Higher education, anyone?
Back to top Go down
EiriForLife

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 12:26 am

Well if her class was on adoption then I can understand her not wanting to discuss abortion. She didn't want every single class day to become an abortion debate. People get really enthused about the subject.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 1:38 am

yeah, it was just odd how she went about it.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 4:35 pm

I would have sat in the back row and lol'd.
Back to top Go down
EiriForLife

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 5:01 pm

Erulissė wrote:
yeah, it was just odd how she went about it.
I suppose it does seem a little preemptive. She must have had some issues in years past.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? EmptyTue Jul 29, 2008 5:19 pm

futureshock wrote:
I would have sat in the back row and lol'd.

I actually was in the backrow and had a moment of wide eyes with eyebrows up high!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?   Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do Most Pregnant Teens Think Abortion is Wrong?
Page 1 of 1