All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is this a Real Ghost? This is Not a Joke.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

Is this a Real Ghost?  This is Not a Joke. Empty
PostSubject: Is this a Real Ghost? This is Not a Joke.   Is this a Real Ghost?  This is Not a Joke. EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 12:09 pm

source

A Mystery Haunts The Library

By Jeremiah Horrigan
What happened at Elting Memorial Library (New Paltz, New York) last Halloween season that would have become just another ghost story if the library’s security camera wasn’t there to record it.
0325005.jpg
Jess Chance and Raymondo Rodriguez-Jackson
stand next to a monitor showing a ghostly image

Something strange and inexplicable happened that night, something whose sound track could be the opening strains of “The Twilight Zone” theme.

That it happened a week before Halloween, a few days after a “Day of the Dead” altar had been installed on the premises and that it occurred in a part of the library that once was a home, one of the village’s oldest stone houses, only brings images of Rod Serling more closely to mind.

Some call it a ghost. Others call it a visual anomaly, even an “electro-quark plasma field.”

Call it what you will, it’s a mystery, and, like the best mysteries, this one began innocently enough, in an empty hallway, in the dead of night.

On Oct. 25, librarian Jesse Chance noticed that someone had exited the library using the front door, leaving it unlatched and compromising the building’s security system.

Investigating, Chance reviewed the library’s real-time security tape of the front rooms, zipping through it at high speed until he thought he saw the problem — a streaking blur.

Expecting to see a person leaving the building, he took the tape back down to real-time speed and saw what he now calls “an anomaly.”

At the point where the tape’s time-stamp read 3:30:24 that morning, Chase saw a smudge, a hazy apparition of some sort. It moved, with what some have described as a human gait, across the narrow space of the old hallway.

Then the smudge moved through the library’s east wall and was seen no more.

“At first, I thought it was a trick, maybe a mouse, but I guess you could say it’s something I don’t understand,” Chance said earlier this week.

Chance thought the anomaly was strange enough to copy to a computer and show the rest of the staff.

His colleague, clerk Raymundo Rodriguez-Jackson, took the scientific approach. He inspected the camera’s lens for dust motes, tried to duplicate the smudge’s dimensions and movements on his own, all to no avail.

He’s impressed with whatever it is. “It seems to cast a shadow, which tells me something was in the room,” he said.

His initial description of the smudge as an electro-quark plasma field has given way to a simpler description:

“I think it’s a ghost,” he said with a laugh.

Library Director John Giralico takes a skeptical view. “Is it fun? Yes. Do I believe it’s a ghost? No.”

Sally Rhoads, former chairwoman of the library’s board of directors, spoke for others who have seen the thing when she said, “I’m not so hard-nosed a rationalist to dismiss it entirely, but I certainly would like an explanation.”

As Rod Serling himself might have said, whatever it was that visited the library that night left in its wake more questions than answers.

Here is the video.
Back to top Go down
RebelCats

RebelCats

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Real Ghost? This is Not a Joke.   Is this a Real Ghost?  This is Not a Joke. EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 8:09 pm

Looks like a bug to me.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Real Ghost? This is Not a Joke.   Is this a Real Ghost?  This is Not a Joke. EmptySat Mar 29, 2008 9:51 pm

i dont think you can ever be certain if its real or not without seeing it for yourself.
but i also think majority of ghost stories are false just to get more of the media coming their way or to get more business coming in for them if theres a "ghost story" thats been told.
Back to top Go down
Erulissë

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Real Ghost? This is Not a Joke.   Is this a Real Ghost?  This is Not a Joke. EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 3:01 am

It's a library, krystine, not a Burger King. Suspect Wink
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Real Ghost? This is Not a Joke.   Is this a Real Ghost?  This is Not a Joke. EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:29 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Real Ghost? This is Not a Joke.   Is this a Real Ghost?  This is Not a Joke. EmptySun Apr 06, 2008 3:38 pm

real mature.
library, a fast food place, wherever, if you hear ghost stories or another example a famous celeb was there, most people want to check it out to see if they experience the same thing others did too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is this a Real Ghost? This is Not a Joke.   Is this a Real Ghost?  This is Not a Joke. Empty

Back to top Go down

Is this a Real Ghost? This is Not a Joke.
Page 1 of 1