All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

teens and sex

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
krystineM

krystineM

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 11:23 pm

it seems that alot of teens who engage in sex, or want to dont know everything that comes along with sex.
I cant tell you how many questions i've seen where someone asks, can i get pregnant if this or that..it seems to me that they are about to engage [or have] in something they know nothing about, but they still do it, and then ask the questions later instead of ask them before. Are young teens really this uneducated about sex? And if so, i really dont think that sex should be something they start doing or think of doing until they are educated about it and prepared.
I went to a catholic school and even though they do not condone birth control, we were still taught about sex, still talked to about condoms and birth controls and AIDS and STD's, and how to get pregnant. Do they just not listen ot care?
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 2:22 am

I only wish I knew. Many schools in the U.S. are NOT teaching sex ed anymore, they are teaching "abstinence-only". This has actually led to teens engaging in more anal and oral sex, as they believe they are still virgins even if they do these things.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 6:28 pm

So because the schools aren't doing their job on teaching it...i guess parents have decided its best not to say anything either...
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 9:21 pm

I'm not sure parents ever did it to any great extent. Sad, really.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 11:12 am

then later on the parents get mad at their child because they've come home telling them 'mom, dad..im pregnant'
When really, they should be mad at themselves for not educating them on safe sex, abstaining from having sex till later on when their older and in a loving committed relationship and risks that can come along with having sex.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 11:00 pm

krystineM wrote:
then later on the parents get mad at their child because they've come home telling them 'mom, dad..im pregnant'
When really, they should be mad at themselves for not educating them on safe sex, abstaining from having sex till later on when their older and in a loving committed relationship and risks that can come along with having sex.

That's a good point. I bet the vast majority of parents barely talk about sex with their kids.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 12:10 am

i wouldnt doubt it.
I think parents leave the 'sex talk' up to teachers, thinking that they will listen,
but most kids think its a joke when they are talked to about sex in the class room.
I mean, repeating grade 12 and in an early education class, students still laughed and giggled here and there when the subject on the male and female body was talked about. And these are kids aged 17-18! It made me shake my head when they all laughed. It seems like its not a big deal for kids anymore. And clearly isnt a big issue for parents. I guess they think, if its not mentioned, my kid wont do it.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 12:47 am

It must be surreal to be back in school for you.

Anyway, it seems that parents claim to have the sex talk, but kids don't seem to agree.

Quote :
According to an ABC News poll, about 90 percent of parents nationwide say they've spoken to their teens about sex. Only half of their teens agree. So whatever parents think is "the sex talk," it doesn't seem to register with their kids.

source
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 1:50 pm

its an eye opener to the way some people act..

Oh i told my school counsellor, and she said i dont have to worry about a thing, i will be able to stay in school and finish the credits i need to get no problem.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 3:25 pm

GREAT!
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Im glad i got it off my chest, i was a little nervous about going to school with a belly slowly forming.
My counsellor congratulated me and said to keep her updated, and my human growth and development teacher also gave me a hug and she congratulated me too Smile so i feel pretty good about everything.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:04 pm

That is a huge relief.

What's the latest on your mom? Now that your bf told us a little more about things, I can see why she is freaked out over everything.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

teens and sex Empty
PostSubject: Re: teens and sex   teens and sex EmptyWed Mar 26, 2008 9:46 pm

yeah it is.

well my mom and i are kind of ok..but still rocky.
i dont say too much about my pregnancy to her because of the reaction i get when i do.
however i did send her my ultrasound photos on the computer.
but other than that, we e-mail each other every now and then.
My sis inlaw and i were talking the other day, about when i get farther along she'd get my step moms number and my moms and some of my friends for a baby shower, and i said 'yeah that is if my mom decides to come' [i already know my step mom would come, she has no problem with george] and my sis inlaw said, hey, all we can do is include and invite her, and its her decision if she wants to be apart of it.
So hopefully she comes around. But for now, she's still kind of the same way as before.
Back to top Go down

teens and sex
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All Drama All of the Time :: General :: Teen Pregnancy-
Jump to: