All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic? Empty
PostSubject: The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic?   The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 3:36 pm

"...a rather unflattering view of conservatives emerges from the studies. They are portrayed as dogmatic, routine-loving individuals, while liberals come across as free-spirited and open-minded folk."

To read the entire article, click here.
Back to top Go down
Erulissė

PostSubject: Re: The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic?   The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 5:14 pm

It is my experience that conservatives, who may be that way from genetics and/or environment, carry around alot of fear.

Fear causes irrationality to run rampant.
Back to top Go down
Jincks013

Jincks013

PostSubject: Re: The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic?   The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 8:00 am

I don't think so. I am a liberal, my brother is a conservative and we have the same parents.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic?   The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 10:47 am

So what do you think accounts for your different outlooks?
Back to top Go down
Jincks013

Jincks013

PostSubject: Re: The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic?   The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 11:29 pm

I think it had alot to do with the fact he spent more time with our dad then I did. My mother, who I was around during those years that start to form political opinions, is very liberal.
Two words describe dad.. Southern Baptist.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic?   The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic? EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 8:59 am

Yikes! What a combination of parents, lol!!! That must have been an interesting home in which to grow up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic?   The Liberal Mind vs the Conservative Mind -- Genetic? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1