All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Definition of a teen

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Incognito

Definition of a teen Empty
PostSubject: Definition of a teen   Definition of a teen EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:08 pm

What age is considered "teen"?
To me, it is ANYONE aged thirTEEN to nineTEEN.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a teen   Definition of a teen EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 12:17 pm

I consider a teen to be anyone from 13 to 18, because in most areas, 18 is a legal adult. (although technically 13 to 19, because of the suffix "teen")
Back to top Go down
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a teen   Definition of a teen EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 6:39 pm

If it ends in teen you are a teen. I think maturity should enter into it too. Just because you are 20 does not mean you are mature and vice versa
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a teen   Definition of a teen EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 12:44 pm

What is the definition of "teen pregnancy"?
Back to top Go down
W.S.

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a teen   Definition of a teen EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 6:33 pm

futureshock wrote:
What is the definition of "teen pregnancy"?

Technically I think it would be having a child in any year that ends in -teen. It is my own personal belief that people are not fully mature until they are in their mid-20's. That is not to say that teenage mothers or others who have had to deal with life haven't tackled it well and shown great maturity. We know that isn't always the case though and quite often there is a lot of help given to these kinds of girls. Whether it be from the state or family members or whatever. They are not all doing it on their own or doing it well.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a teen   Definition of a teen EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 8:27 pm

thats true, but dont you think that when a teen mother is given a little help from family it goes along way?
they may not be doing it all on their own, but for the most part they are, with a little help and guidance from a family member, because like you said, no teen is really that mature and with a baby, thats a big struggle too but to get a little help and advice from a family member who knows what it is like, does give them a bit of knowledge as to how they can be better parents meet baby's need and do a better job.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a teen   Definition of a teen EmptyMon Mar 17, 2008 11:49 pm

I think teens that get pregnant and have a child while they are school aged are obscenely selfish. There is no way they can possibly care for the child, and their parents and/or society are left to pay for and care for the child.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Definition of a teen   Definition of a teen Empty

Back to top Go down

Definition of a teen
Page 1 of 1