All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood? Empty
PostSubject: How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood?   How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood? EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 2:42 pm

For those of you who are teen parents (males and females), what could your own parents have done or said to you that would have helped you avoid having a child/father a child at such a young age?

For those of you who are ttc, what is the relationship like with your parents, and what changes in your lives would make you be willing to wait to become parents?

For those of you who got through the teen years without having children, what factors do you think helped you avoid teen parenthood?
Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
https://alldrama.rpg-board.net
Danielle

PostSubject: Re: How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood?   How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood? EmptyFri Mar 14, 2008 8:20 pm

The main thing that helped me avoid teen parenthood is my brother and his ex. She got pregnant when she was 16 and he was 19 (consenting on both parts and all involved knew of the sexual nature of the relationship, parents included). She is now 22 and has three children, all by different fathers. Is that the kind of life anyone would want? No education and relying on your latest "baby daddy" to support you? No thanks.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood?   How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood? EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 9:55 am

thats terrible about your brothers ex Danielle..

What i would tell my child when he or she is older would be that it is better to wait for sex than rush into it rather than do it right away with someone they think is the person they want to be with now, because they could end up thinking it was a mistake, or that they were better off waiting for sex. Someone should not force them into it, and it should be because there is a long committed relationship, instead of nowadays where girls and boys have sex after like 3 or 4 months.
Back to top Go down
Jincks013

Jincks013

PostSubject: Re: How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood?   How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood? EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 11:42 pm

Information is the key. My daughters both have maximum complete up to date information. There is no 'taboo' subject whether my daughter asks what a blowjob is or what the rash is on her privates the key was to provide her with accurate up to date information and training. I used PP as my source they have an excellent sex ed program that I took my girls to. My eldest was nearly 18 before she had sex the first time; I can garuntee she won't get pregnant but she still needed to be aware of safe sex because of STD issues (She's gay so no kidlets) my youngest isn't interested in boys that much yet. But when she does I will make sure she is on BCP well in advance.

My mother used the same theory with me and I didn't start having sex till I was about 19. Information is the key. Don't blow off their questions no matter how uncomfortable those questions make you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood?   How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Can Parents Help Their Children Avoid Teen Parenthood?
Page 1 of 1