All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
krystineM

krystineM

6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. Empty
PostSubject: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 11:59 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28939439

read the link above, a woman who has 6 kids ranging from 2-7 yrs of age gave birth to octuplets.
implanted embgyos were placed in and they were expecting only 7 to survive, yet people and other doctors are stumped as to what kind of doctor would allow to implant embryos, when it seems she has no problem with becoming pregnant.
the 33yr old who now has 14 children in total lives at home with her parents, made her mother claim bankruptcy as well.
there's no assurance of a father being present in the picture.

but what i laugh at now, is the fact that so many people complain about teen pregnancies when a grown 33yr old women cannot accept or understand the fact that she has ran her family into debt, but still decides to bring more children into the world when she most likely and probably could have gotten pregnant with her husband or boyfriend if there is one present, without the use of implanted embryos.

there's always so much talk about young ones getting pregnant, and people hassling them about their parents having to "raise their children for them" and all, however i think a young teen can grasp and understand the fact that if your family is in debt, and you live at home with a child of your own, that bringing another child into the picture is not the best of ideas.
but a 33yr old will probably get away with most of the hassling.

anyways, just a little rant.
there's more to the story in the link.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 11:26 pm

This is way worse than a teen pregnancy. The woman is sick.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptySun Feb 01, 2009 11:56 pm

i completely agree.
it does not seem as if there is a father present, and im not saying you have to be married or whatever to have children...but it just seems that she should look after the ones she has, help her mother with ncome for the house, food, bills etc. instead of worrying about how many more kids she wants to pop out.
AND, if you read the whole thing, you would have seen that women 35 and under are only given 1-2 transplanted embryos into them...this woman is 33 yrs old, and got 8!!! how did that happen!?
her other children range from 2-7 yrs of age...i do not think she has had trouble having those kids..

its ridiculious. i mean...i just think she should help her mother with bringing in a second income rather than going to the local embryo transplatation clinic and saying load me up!
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 2:05 pm

Good points regarding teen mothers.

I can't for the life of me undersand how a single parent of six, in debt, living with her parents can get hold of fertility treatment. Shocked

I think this woman is going to deeply regret her actions if public opinion turns on her. She'd better make her money while she still can.
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptyTue Feb 03, 2009 3:57 pm

its just such an odd situation, because it seems like she had no problem concieving he 6 children she has, because they age from 2-7..so why go through all the trouble in paying someone for transplanted embryos?
why not give that money to her mother, the one seems to be the only one bringing in an income, and give her a hand!

it costs an arm and a leg just to raise one or two kids, let along 14!!

this woman completely fits the description if what danielle was talking about with the bastard factory,
she had said:
'its also a problem when the families of these children are forced to step up and help raise these children'

this is so the mother. shes in a way obligated to financially support these kids, because the mother sure as hell isnt going to be able to.

hopefully shes done having kids.
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 5:57 pm

I saw an interview with the mom of all the kids, they were ALL conceived via in vitro.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/02/06/octuplets.mom/index.html?iref=topnews
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 4:17 am

all 14?
there is an interview with her on the MSN homepage, but i will have to watch it tomorrow.

she should have just been thankful with the 6 she has instead of adding on to more.
this is just so mind boggling still and it has been news for about a week.
so much can happen to those other 6, there still so young and vulnerable at this age..2-7 those are important years..

i watch a show called intervention sometimes-dont know if you guys have heard of it-
but its about different forms of addiction and what not, and this one particular intervention was about a girl who was from a family of 12, convieved all by the mother and father naturally, and she had alot of abandonment issues. by the time she was about..5 or 6 there were already 3 other children born, so she felt that her time in the spot light for attention was over.
and she got involved in different friends, some were good, but she fell into meeting bad friends and her life was turned up side down, she was wanting attention somehow, but going about it the wrong way..
this could happen to those other children...
its sad..

sure everyone wants kids...but i dont think some people understand how badly you can make or break a child if the right attention they specifically need is not given to them...
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 1:46 pm

Wow, that's sad. You are right, all of the octo-mom's children are at risk for the same emotional trauma the girl in your post experienced. All 14 are under 8 years old.

I think octo-mom has an addiction to having children, lol!
Back to top Go down
krystineM

krystineM

PostSubject: Re: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptyMon Feb 09, 2009 10:15 am

lol!
definately!
you would think some of the manditory things they look for before going through with the embroy implatation process would be, how much of an income you[the parent] brings in.
because any one can get the money, but can they actually provide for these children?

its just really sad..
Back to top Go down
adammacbell

PostSubject: 6 Kids plus the birth of octuplets   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:31 pm

The birth of the octuplets to Nadya Suleman, a Whittier woman "who loves children," has raised concerns about the number of embryos implanted and whether the procedure was within medical guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.   6 kids plus the birth of octuplets. Empty

Back to top Go down

6 kids plus the birth of octuplets.
Page 1 of 1