All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
futureshock

futureshock

How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican? Empty
PostSubject: How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican?   How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 2:25 pm

This is the official Republican Party Platform:

Quote :
* When a woman is impregnated by sexual assault, she should be compelled by force of law to carry through any resultant pregnancy, no matter the psychological aftereffects of the violation or the impact of the involuntary pregnancy on her life.
* When a woman is impregnated by a family member’s sexual assault, she should be compelled by force of law to carry through any resultant pregnancy, no matter the psychological aftereffects of the violation, the impact of the involuntary pregnancy on her life, or the sure-to-be-damaging effects of having a child fathered by a rapist to whom you are inextricably and irrevocably linked by blood - both on the mother and the child.
* When a pregnancy threatens to kill a mother and leave a child motherless or even entirely parentless, the mother should be compelled by force of law to carry through the pregnancy, even if the pregnancy also threatens to kill the child.

http://www.pandagon.net/

Original story at:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/31/us/politics/31abortion.html?_r=1&adxnnl=1&oref=slogin&ref=politics&adxnnlx=1220245298-1cZ+xlkszBBTFJODERdL1w

Last edited by futureshock on Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erulissë

PostSubject: Re: How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican?   How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 4:28 pm

Because she hates herself?

Has bought into the women are evil sinner hype?

Has no self respect?
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican?   How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 5:42 pm

That must be it.

(shakes head)

You really have to hate other women to vote for a party that has that for a platform.
Back to top Go down
EiriForLife

PostSubject: Re: How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican?   How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican? EmptySun Aug 31, 2008 8:13 pm

futureshock wrote:
This is the official Republican Party Platform:

Quote :
* When a woman is impregnated by sexual assault, she should be compelled by force of law to carry through any resultant pregnancy, no matter the psychological aftereffects of the violation or the impact of the involuntary pregnancy on her life.
* When a woman is impregnated by a family member’s sexual assault, she should be compelled by force of law to carry through any resultant pregnancy, no matter the psychological aftereffects of the violation, the impact of the involuntary pregnancy on her life, or the sure-to-be-damaging effects of having a child fathered by a rapist to whom you are inextricably and irrevocably linked by blood - both on the mother and the child.
* When a pregnancy threatens to kill a mother and leave a child motherless or even entirely parentless, the mother should be compelled by force of law to carry through the pregnancy, even if the pregnancy also threatens to kill the child.

http://www.pandagon.net/

That's ridiculous; I can't believe that's actually in their platform!!! That's why I say Obama all the way!
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican?   How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican? EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 1:11 am

I'm just curious, who are your parents voting for? (This is not meant to be a snark about you living at home in any way.)

My parents used to vote Republican, but that was way before the religious right had any power in the party at all. My father would turn over in his grave (he'd be 99 if he were alive today) if he saw what has become of the republican party now.

My parents (dad and step mother both of whom raised me) were very pro-choice, especially because they had to help my step sister get an illegal, back alley abortion before Roe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican?   How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Could Any Woman Vote For a Republican?
Page 1 of 1