All Drama All of the Time
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discuss and debate all subjects, including abortion, teen pregnancy, euthanasia, and politics.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has Evolution Become a Religion?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NorthStar

NorthStar

Has Evolution Become a Religion? Empty
PostSubject: Has Evolution Become a Religion?   Has Evolution Become a Religion? EmptySun Jun 22, 2008 5:01 pm

I was interested in the following quote from an article posted in another forum (of this board).

"The powerful irrational emotions underlying "A Natural History of Rape" and other similarly reductionist theories indicate how close the mania for evolutionary psychology comes to religious fundamentalism. While the Christian fundamentalist takes the Bible as his foundational text, insisting on the most literal interpretation, so these new scientific fundamentalists insist on the most doggedly literal interpretation of their chosen "text." Here the "words" are not those of the Hebrew scriptures, but the codons of the DNA chain -- which take on for them an almost divine status."

I tend to agree. It is fine to make conjectures about human and animal origins based on observations, but scientific certainty requires an ability verify our hypotheses. There is no way to go back millions of years to trace the evolution of homo sapiens from earlier primates. Without that ability, any projections back any further than written history are vague at best, a guess at worst. But these evolutionists create elaborate scenarios about the past and make sweeping generalizations based on a few fossils.

Is evolution really based on evidence or has it become an ideology?

I find interesting the growing rift between feminists and evolutionists. Will evolutionism subsume feminism?
Back to top Go down
Jincks013

Jincks013

PostSubject: Re: Has Evolution Become a Religion?   Has Evolution Become a Religion? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 5:22 pm

Dude.. put down the peace pipe and back away slowly....
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Has Evolution Become a Religion?   Has Evolution Become a Religion? EmptyThu Jul 10, 2008 11:41 pm

A FEW fossils? LOLZ!
Back to top Go down
Maz

Maz

PostSubject: Re: Has Evolution Become a Religion?   Has Evolution Become a Religion? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 9:25 am

NorthStar wrote:
I find interesting the growing rift between feminists and evolutionists. Will evolutionism subsume feminism?
Sometimes I feel as though NorthStar and I live on entirely different planets. cyclops
Back to top Go down
futureshock

futureshock

PostSubject: Re: Has Evolution Become a Religion?   Has Evolution Become a Religion? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 10:12 am

Me too. I have NO idea what rift he's speaking of.
Back to top Go down
Jincks013

Jincks013

PostSubject: Re: Has Evolution Become a Religion?   Has Evolution Become a Religion? EmptyFri Jul 11, 2008 11:48 pm

Maz wrote:
NorthStar wrote:
Sometimes I feel as though NorthStar and I live on entirely different planets. cyclops

You do. He's a true legend in his own mind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has Evolution Become a Religion?   Has Evolution Become a Religion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has Evolution Become a Religion?
Page 1 of 1